Friday, September 17, 2010

Modifying an outdated iMac?

I may obtain my hands on an mature iMac. However, to quote "It probably won't run anything more than Mac OS 4"



Well, obviously that's smaller amount than optimal! However, would it be possible to modify it (Proc, ram) to make it knowledgeable? I'm used to modding a PC...is it the same near a Mac? Does anyone have any resources, online or other, that detail this process?

Modifying an outdated iMac?

you can modify macintosh computers, but not to the extent that you can next to PC's. Mac's are technically a closed system, and most third party parts will not work. That said, even if you are to optimize, or even overclock the fastest processor you'll fit within there, and max out the RAM. I am almost spot on you won't be able to run OSX. Sorry.
What are you aphorism is an old iMac? I enjoy a G3 iMac that from 1998 I run OS X successfully. Any older than that I enjoy no idea. When I worked for a print shop a few years spinal column we had an elder imac I'm not sure how old but it looked close to the old pallid color plastic versions and it run OS X, it was slow and we individual used it for the image writer, but it did work
iMacs can run os-x up to 10.2(old G3) or hottest os-x (iMac G4-intel iMac) you can overclock the processor add more run into upgrade the HDD to 128 GB other than that not much more can be done sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment