Friday, September 17, 2010

Mobo replacement?

Just get a Celeron D processor (Model 345, 3.06 GHz) that is incompatible near my current mobo. Planning to buy a new mobo that supports the CPU, but I want to preserve my RAM (1 Gig of PC2100 (DDR 266)). Saw a cheap one on Newegg the says that the memory "standard" is DDR400 (PC3200). The cross-question is, will it hurt the system to install the 266 onto the new board? Not asking whether it will impede the system, as I know it will downclock the system, but whether it will significantly wound the system. I am being cheap, I know. The interview remains the same, though.

Mobo replacement?

u can do that and overclock the bump to 333 or 400(if stable) use this motherboard:http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as...
the "standard" just method what the mobo is configured to run most efficiently, nearby will be no harm to any the MOBO or the RAM if you install it.

No comments:

Post a Comment