Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My disc Rom drive is out of commission?

I bought songs from itunes. Trying to burn a disk. It keep telling me to insert a disk. I hold tried multiple blank ones. I also go to my computer and double click on the drive, which also tell me to insert a disk. I am using windows xp home wtih a gateway 500

My disc Rom drive is out of commission?

try this:

1. right-click on "My Computer" select "Manage"

2. on the "System Management" fanlight, select "Device Manager"

3. Locate your drive by clicking the "+" next to it to expand it.

4. Right-click on the drive and select "uninstall"

5. Restart your computer

6. Once it restarts, and get back to the desktop the "Found New Hardware" Balloon will appear surrounded by the bottom-right hane corner in the system tray. It should autmoatically reinstall the compact disc Drive.

7. Then try to burn again.



If that doesn't work you may need to update the drivers for your disc drive.



To find out the manufacurer of the drive, repeat steps 1-3



4. jot down the brand and model number

5. Go to the capitalist of the drive's website's support section to find a driver update.

6. follow the directions from near.

No comments:

Post a Comment